Xpeed Prowler Sled - Harness Inc
The Xpeed Prowler sled is an extremely versatile piece of equipment that offers many benefits. Want to boost your metabolism by burning loads of calories, work a truckload of muscles and build lean muscle mass? Then the Prowler Sled is for you. Over the last several years it has continued to gain popularity and it's not uncommon to see one sitting on some astro turf in most commercial facilities.
New to the sled? They're a basic training tool that's designed to slide across turf and they're easy to load weight onto thanks to the centrally located olympic sleeve. The prowler sled has two vertical posts at the back and horizontal posts at the front. The posts at the front allow you to attach items like battle ropes and harnesses for extra functionality and training versatility.
For the smaller Sprint Sled see here.
Simple to use
In essence the sled is simple to use, you either push or pull it along. However, that's just your starting point, if you use the correct technique and apply the right training principles the sled will help you burn loads of calories and pack on lean muscle.
To do the basic sled push, stand in front of the the sled with a split leg stance just like your natural running position, lean forward slightly and grab hold of the upright handles/posts with slightly bent arms. You'll want to brace your core and maintain a neutral spine. If you're a beginner hold the handles higher, if you're more advanced hold the handles lower. Generally speaking, straighter arms is more advanced, especially on your shoulders, so start with slightly flexed arms as you get ready to push the sled.
From here drive the sled forwards. Your calves, hamstrings and glutes will be the main driving force here as your core works to transfer the load generated from your lower body through the upper body (torso) into your arms to push the sled forward. This requires a lot of muscles working together to get that sled on the move, so as well as the calves, glutes and hammies firing up, your obliques, stabilsers in your back and abs will do their thing too.
– Heavy Duty Frame with 7.5cm Square Steel Tubing finished with a stylish black matte powder coating
– 2 x Removable Upright Push Poles (L 99 x 5cm diameter)
– 7 x Olympic Weight Plate Holders perfect for training against a heavier resistance
– Stylish Stainless Finish Centre Pole with thick rubber stopper
– 3 x Heavy Duty Anchor Points for Leads or Harness
– 3 x Interchangeable Sled Feet (L 25 x W 12 x D .8cm), tough enough for most surfaces
– 1 x Quality Padded Harness with Buckle
– 2 x Long Leads (L 310cm x W 4cm) including 4 x Large Carabiners
– Made from heavy gauge steel square tubing, steel tube is 7.5cm x 7.5cm
– Welded extra frame reinforcement at assembly points for additional strength and durability
– Quality matte black finish powder coat
– Frame base is 104cm in length, 82cm in width
– Height with push poles in place is 100cm
– Product Dimensions: L 104 x W 82 x H 100
– Product Weight: 41kg
– Carton Dimensions: 99 x 67 x 21cm
– Carton Weight: 43kg
We recommended that the sled be used on:
– Artificial turf or running tracks
– Smooth Concrete
– DO NOT use on Bitumen surfaces
Harness, Leads and Carabiners are included
Olympic Weight Plates are sold separately
Fitness Warehouse uses our partner Startrack Express: Your shipping time frame will vary depending on the method chosen, your location and the product you have purchased. Some larger, heavier items will only be able to have the priority and standard shipping options due to their impractical nature.
The cost of shipping your order is calculated at checkout. You can discover freight costs for purchases of multiple items by simply adding all of the products to your cart, the shipping calculator at checkout will then determine the costs. Due to the nature of some of our oversized or ‘ugly freight’, regions outside of capital cities and islands off the coast of Australia may have slightly higher shipping rates. Fitness Warehouse is not currently providing International Shipping.
From time to time we will run ‘Free Shipping’ promotions which will function via the use of coupon codes.
- All items will have a shipping cost unless otherwise stated or are they’re part of a free shipping promotion. The cost of freight varies for each customer depending on their location.
- We do not deliver to PO boxes
- Deliveries will be made from Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm only.
- It is your responsibility to advise us;
- If someone will be available to sign for delivery
- If it can be left in a safe location
- If the address is a business address, as we will need operating hours and the name of the building.
- From time to time you may not be home when delivery is attempted, you may be required to pick up your delivery from the freight company's closest depot. In some instances this may involve a re-delivery fee depending on the size of your order.
- Upon confirmation of dispatch we will email you tracking details which will help give you a rough estimation of delivery time. Occasionally these emails are blocked by your SPAM filter or placed in your junk mail folder.
- If you wish to refund an item please refer to our refund policy. Freight and delivery costs for refunds are passed onto the customer. In the instance of a returned refunded item Fitness Warehouse will deduct the cost of the shipping from the approved reimbursement amount and arrange shipping on behalf of the customer. Fitness Warehouse customer service will discuss this process and costs with you prior to arranging and processing the refund.