Concept2 Bike Erg (PM5)
The Concept 2 Bike Erg is the latest addition to the Concept family of sport-based ergometers. The BikeErg has the same flywheel and Performance Monitor as the Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs, bringing to cycling the strengths and features previously brought to rowing and cross-country skiing. The flywheel uses air resistance to create a smooth, quiet ride that responds to your efforts. The damper is your “gearing,” allowing you to adjust the feel of your ride. Unlike most stationary bikes, the BikeErg has a clutch, so just like a real bike, when you stop pedaling, the flywheel keeps on spinning.
The sophisticated Performance Monitor gives you instantaneous workout feedback, with a wide variety of displays and workouts to choose from. The Performance Monitor is calibrated so you’ll be able to directly compare your times and distances with other people, as well as track your progress. The BikeErg comes from a company with over 40 years experience of making innovative, high quality products. Whatever sort of indoor cycling workout you’re after, whether you’re looking to get fit or gain an edge for your next race, the Concept2 BikeErg is the perfect machine for you.
How does the BikeErg differ from a “spin bike”?
A “spin bike” typically has a heavy flywheel with an adjustable (friction) brake. Once you adjust the brake, the resistance will be the same at any pedal cadence. This means you can set a low resistance and pedal at a high cadence or set a high resistance and feel that high pedal force even at low cadence.
The BikeErg has a flywheel with fan blades, which cause increasing air resistance as the wheel spins faster and as the damper allows more air to circulate .The resistance you feel on the BikeErg is a function of your cadence. Simply increasing your cadence will also increase the resistance, similar to a road bike. Adjusting airflow to the fan will change the resistance you feel at a given cadence. Airflow is controlled by a simple damper lever on the fan enclosure. The result is much like changing the gearing.
Supplied with purchase:
– PM5 Monitor
– Product Manual with Performance Monitor Quick Start Guide
– Tools and instructions for assembly
– Overall Length: 122 cm
– Width: 61 cm
– Seat Height Seat to Pedal range (approximately): 79–103 cm
– Crank Length: 170 mm
– Q Factor: 15.5 cm
– Drive: Polygroove belts with self-tensioning system
– Monitor: PM5
– Power Requirement: Requires 2 D cell batteries. During your workout, the monitor draws power from the spinning flywheel to extend battery life.
– Maximum User Weight: 136 kg
– Construction: Welded aluminum frame. Steel feet.
– Finish: Black powder coat frame; grey anodized posts
– Storage: Must be stored in its fully assembled state
– Assembled: 122 cm x 61 cm
– Machine Weight: 26 kg
– Carton Dimensions: 38 cm x 66 cm x 122 cm
– Carton Weight: 37 kg
Also Available – Concept 2 Smart Phone Cradle
– See product picture andvideo above for the Concept 2 Smart Phone Cradle, for use with a PM5, PM4 or PM3, the Smartphone Cradle slides onto the top of the PM to provide a place to set your mobile device while using the indoor rower, SkiErg or BikeErg.
Fitness Warehouse provides two shipping options via our partners Startrack Express and Couriers Please: Your shipping time frame will vary depending on the method chosen, your location and the product you have purchased. Some larger, heavier items will only be able to have the priority and standard shipping options due to their impractical nature.
The cost of shipping your order is calculated at checkout. You can discover freight costs for purchases of multiple items by simply adding all of the products to your cart, the shipping calculator at checkout will then determine the costs. Due to the nature of some of our oversized or ‘ugly freight’, regions outside of capital cities and islands off the coast of Australia may have slightly higher shipping rates. Fitness Warehouse is not currently providing International Shipping.
From time to time we will run ‘Free Shipping’ promotions which will function via the use of coupon codes.
- All items will have a shipping cost unless otherwise stated or are they’re part of a free shipping promotion. The cost of freight varies for each customer depending on their location.
- We do not deliver to PO boxes
- Deliveries will be made from Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm only.
- It is your responsibility to advise us;
- If someone will be available to sign for delivery
- If it can be left in a safe location
- If the address is a business address, as we will need operating hours and the name of the building.
- From time to time you may not be home when delivery is attempted, you may be required to pick up your delivery from the freight company's closest depot. In some instances this may involve a re-delivery fee depending on the size of your order.
- Upon confirmation of dispatch we will email you tracking details which will help give you a rough estimation of delivery time. Occasionally these emails are blocked by your SPAM filter or placed in your junk mail folder.
- If you wish to refund an item please refer to our refund policy. Freight and delivery costs for refunds are passed onto the customer. In the instance of a returned refunded item Fitness Warehouse will deduct the cost of the shipping from the approved reimbursement amount and arrange shipping on behalf of the customer. Fitness Warehouse customer service will discuss this process and costs with you prior to arranging and processing the refund.